Friday September 22nd 2017

Black Veil Brides Storm New York City

The Black Veil Brides. If you haven’t heard this name, you’re probably not as cool as you think you are. These guys have been on the cover of several magazines, most recently Guitar World (where they are featured as the “future of metal”). Their latest album, Set The World On Fire, has stormed the Billboard charts. Their first music video has over 26 million views on YouTube. They have over 1 million fans on Facebook and nearly 100,000 followers on Twitter.

Ahhh, now you’ve heard of them, huh?!

I had the opportunity to see BVB play a special fan appreciation show at Gramercy Theatre Monday night. In the midst of the Vans Warped Tour, BVB felt the need on one of their few nights off to throw a special party for their NYC fans…at just five bucks a pop.

Needless to say, it didn’t take much for this gig to sell out.

This was my first time seeing BVB, and I’ve got to say…Whoa.

These guys have a rabid fan base. From screaming girls throwing bras on stage to middle aged men going round and round in the pit, there is something about BVB that draws out the crazy loyal fan.

The show in NYC definitely brought out the hardcore fans…it wasn’t uncommon to see people emulate their favorite BVB artist by painting on scars and stitches all over their bodies. And once the show started, their wasn’t a body in the place that was standing still.

BVB received the 2011 Revolver Golden Gods Award for Best New Artist, and after seeing their set last night, there’s not a doubt in my mind that they deserve it. I had an interview scheduled with Andy (lead singer) after the set, but due to some time constraints we’ve had to postpone…

I will let you know when the interview is rescheduled…for now, let me know what you want me to ask Andy!

Oh, and if you haven’t picked up Set The World On Fire, I don’t know what you’re waiting for…get it now and make plans to see BVB live. #STWOF

Like Free Gotham on Facebook...

34 Comments for “Black Veil Brides Storm New York City”

• Leera says:

i love BVB they are amazing and their music comes close to home. listening to them makes me feel better even when im depressed or angry i will alway be a loyal fan to them :)

• Tayler Neal says:

Ask Andy if he’ll marry me.
    I’m his legit biggest fan. No doubt.
    I love this man. I’ve been in love with him ever since I’ve discovered him in 2006. Not many can say that. I love you Andy!
    BVB Army foreverr.
    Xoxo- Tayler.

• alieneeba says:

Can you please ask Andy what kind of war paint they use? No one else seems to know so maybe this time you can find out for me ((:

• Sarah says:

Can you ask him what its like to know his music/band has saved a lot of lives? x

• cyndi says:

i fucking LOVE black veil brides!! i have been listening to their music since 2008, when my sister made me listen to their music, and have been listening ever since. i am REALLY excited to see them on august 13 at warped tour!!!! and can you ask him what its like to be known everywhere, to be favorited by people?

• anniston beverly says:

can u tell him tht i am soooooooo appreciative of what they r doing kids like us. sure green day helps me out with their funny songs but black veil brides goes so much more deeper than any other band in the whole world could ever go. their music is life changing i feel wanted & tht makes me soooooo happy.all their songs have so much meqaning & u can feel they love & connection between the whole band & their fans!!!!i’ll love BVB 4 eternity!!!!!!:} <3 <3

• anniston beverly says:

can u tell him tht i am soooooooo appreciative of what they r doing 4 kids like us. sure green day helps me out with their funny songs but black veil brides goes so much more deeper than any other band in the whole world could ever go. their music is life changing i feel wanted & tht makes me soooooo happy.all their songs have so much meaning & u can feel the love & connection between the whole band & their fans!!!!i’ll love BVB 4 eternity!!!!!!:} <3 <3

• sanjuana says:

can u please andy if he ever have gotten in trouble in school when he was younger. Thxz if u do :)

• Dannie Ruby says:

Hey. Great article you wrote, there.
    The beggining is completely amazing :3
    Could you ask Andy if they’re thinking of doing an European tour, soon? And if they’re thinking of including Portugal in that tour? :b
    Oh, and ask him what’s like to him to know that they have so many fans out there, already. And how he feels when people come up to him and say BVB saved their lives (:

BVB Army «3
    XO

• Fionnuala Nevin says:

I love BVB, maybe you could ask him how does it make him feel when girls he never met before ask him to marry him,or maybe what was his parents first reaction when they saw him dressed in his stage make-up and performing with bands or does he mind his parents listening to him bands music! This band actually help keep me sane, I don’t know what I would do without them. I really hope they come to Ireland soon!!!! I love them. :)

• Wendy says:

My question for Andy is, how does he feel about crowd violence amongst fans at BVB shows? At the BVB Gramercy show, my 11 yr old daughter was repeatedly shoved and elbowed by a man that had HIS daughter in tow. All because he wanted his daughter to get a better spot closer to the stage. Does the band think this is alright? I realize that things happen at shows, but this is NOT acceptable behavior in my eyes. According to my daughter,and other witnesses, Andy saw the whole incident from the stage. And yes, I was there, just not close enough to her apparently; so much for trusting fellow fans

• Stephanie says:

Andy usually will stop it. He has also beaten up several people who are messing with the fans. But from how this sounds the guy had a daughter that was a fan so it’s hard for Andy or any of the band members to do anything if they saw it they could talk to the person after the show. Now like I said if it’s a “hater” Andy would have defended her. Andy’s done it before and he’ll do it again.

• airisross says:

I TRULY LOVE BVB STYLE, MUSIC, LYRICS, STAGE PRESENCE, LOOKS AND MOSTLY THEIR TALENT. I’VE BEEN TO FOUR OF THEIR SHOWS & THEY JUST KEEP GETTING BETTER & BETTER. THEY ARE ALSO APPRECIATIVE TO THE FANS/ARMY SUPPORT. IF YOU EVER TALKED TO THEM OR WATCHED THEIR– YOU TUBE INTERVIEWS THEIR PERSONALITIES ARE TRULY AMAZING. EACH MUSICIAN HAS HIS UNIQUE STYLE & SENSE OF HUMOR. I CAN SEE WHY HONESTLY THEY ARE BECOMING SO POPULAR ALL OVER THE WORLD. THEIR DIFFERENT & THEIR PHILOSOPHY TO BE YOUR SELF, DON’T GIVE IN, & DON’T GIVE A SHIT FOR THE HATERS & ENVIOUS OTHERS. GO LIVE YOUR LIFE THEY WAY YOU WANT & BE WHO YOU WANT & DON’T LOOK BACK!!! RIGHT ON. GOOOOO BVB! LUV YOU GUYS

• Charlotte says:

Question for bvb : What do you think of some of the fanfiction on the internet?

• Ana says:

BVB is awesome!!can you ask andy who ‘die for you’ was written about

• Stephanie says:

@alieneeba They use something called arylic paint or something like that you can actually buy it on their website I’m sure I saw it somewhere on their website.

• Stephanie says:

I’ve been into Black Veil Brides since 2009 and I know the band so well they are the sweetest people ever. If you could ask what each of their inspirations are besides Kiss, Motley Crue etc. That would be awesome. If you’re just interviewing Andy ask him if there’s a gift that he’s waiting for that he hasn’t gotten yet. Please. :)

• Kaitlyn Marie says:

Can You Ask Andy When Their Next Show In So Cal Is? And If He Remembers Two Chicks With Mohawks That Went To Their Signing In Riverside? ^_\

• Kaitlyn Marie says:

I Love Your Review. Can You Ask Andy When Their Next Show In So Cal Is? And If He Remembers At The Signing They Did At The Riverside Mall On 6/17/11 The Two Chicks With Mohawks, One Had A Short Mohawk And One Had A Tall Black Mohawk? ^_\

• Bec says:

I absolutely love black veil brides. Their music resonates with me on a really personal level and I’m really glad I found them. I’d like to ask Andy what are five things he can’t live without?

xoBVBarmyxo

• stephanie bielmas says:

Can u ask BVB: How does it feel to know that most fans dont see them as artists but more as family members Or a person to look up to?Has being a role modle for so many people around the world made them a better person in any kind of way? How does it feel to have the biggest army in the world? Do fans who say they want to mary members of the band, or better yet say they are already wife and husband,bother them at all? How does it feel when they are preposed to by fans?How does is feel to be able to meet your role modles or the people who have inspired you through out your life’s and does knowing that feeling impact the way you guys preform or your attitude towards your fans? what are your plans for BVB’s future as far as touring,new music etc?QUESTION FOR ANDY: He knew what he was going to do in life all along, But did he ever knew he was going to impact so many people? Did he ever know that his band was going to go around the globle and win awards and get as far as they have gotten?

• JV says:

Enjoyed your article. Was there with my 13year-old daughter and her friend on Monday. I think it is fabulous that BVB did a $5.00 show on their day off (and it was a great show)…however, I was disappointed in the following, and wondered if you could address it with Andy in your interview.
    1) Everyone talks about how much BVB loves the fans. I’ve seen lots of interviews where BVB says it over and over. But at Sunday’s Warped Tour show, and this NY show there was no signing at the merch table. WHY? On both days, the shows were only 30 minutes long, and then the band went back into their tour bus…does the band need to spend all that time on the tour bus when they could be with the fans??? Understandable that Andy needs to rest as he is injured, but what about the other 4 band members???
    2) Lots and lots of people at the shows (Sunday and Monday), including us, had to drive over 2 hours to get to the venue. For a 30-minute show. And no band appearance after. Yeah…it was a huge disappointment for my daughter…how does the band feel about that? It is obvious that they cannot meet and greet every fan at their shows…but I didn’t see any effort on either occasion. No handshakes from the stage after the show, just an exit from the stage onto the bus. I feel that this is hypocritical when they are always saying how much they love their fans.
    Obviously I was one of the older people in the crowd, and I was there for my daughter…but I have been to 100s of concerts over the years, and I have actually met HUGELY successful rock stars who are the most humble and down-to-earth people who actually take the time to hang out and chat with their fans before and after shows. To me that is appreciating your fans. Actions speak louder than words.
    Just saying…

• Nick says:

I heard somewhere that Andy is working on a solo album.
    Is this true, and if it is what kind of music can we expect to see on it.

• madissonpurdy says:

Loved your review. :D ecspically the beginning. can you ask Andy whats up with the whole Andley thing and why is Andy stealing my man? xD but seriously i love Ashley, Andy and the other members too <3 (//_^ and can you pleasepleaseplease ask him when their comming to Florida really close to Tampa?? thanks <3 (//_^ …ive never been to one of their concerts before. :( but still…

• JanaR. says:

Ask him if he ever found it creepy that millions of people, mainly girls (that he doesn’t know), have pictures of him and the band hanging on their walls. That’d kinda creep me out. o.O

• Shannon Biersack says:

- i bought my tickets for this show & i spent $38 on it . & then my Aunt’s husband tried to give us directions but messed us up & i cried all night :/ i really love BVB & Andy issss amazingggggggg <3 tell Andy , ilovehimm & ask him if hes ever gonna come back to NY or Hartford again ?

• Joyce says:

You went for the first time?
    Me too
    And it totally ROCKED

• PiercingMetal Ken says:

This was a great show and I was in attendance as well. I was happy to find the band doing a Fan Appreciation gig and for only $5 but did wish it was a little longer than the 35 or so minutes we got. My review can be found along with a score of photos by clicking my name in this comment. I hope the band comes back soon as I would love to hear more of their new album. It’s a solid one for sure.

• Black Veil Brides says:

BlacKVeilBrides band is a pure hard rock band.Any rock music fan will love to hear their fantastic music and catchy lyrics.

• Leah says:

. I AM ANDY’S BIGGEST FAN EVER!!!! I HAVE BEEN IN LOVE WITH HIM SINCE HE STARTED MAKING VIDEOS WITH CHANCE!!! I AM 100% POSITIVE THAT I WAS THE FIRST ONE WHO KNEW HE EXISTED IN THE MUSIC INDUSTRY!!! I AM OBSSESSED!!!! MY WHOLE HOUSE IS COVERED IN HIS PHOTOS!!! BUT MY MOM AND DAD KEEP TELLING ME TO TAKE THEM DOWN :/ LOL JUST KNOW THAT I CAN ANSWER AND PERSONAL OR ANY QUESTION AT ALL ABOUT ANDY OR BVB ON THE SPOT!!! <3 I LOVE YOU ANDY!!! ;D